[Makeup] An Affordable Gem- Review: Collection Cosmetics Primed and Ready Makeup Primer

4:49 PM Cindity 0 Comments

Disclaimer: The products featured in this post is provided by the company for consideration. I'm not paid to do this review nor am I affiliated with the company in any way. All opinions are honest and of my own.

Looking For An Affordable & Effective Primer? Turn Here!
I usually only rock with my BB cream, no primer; nor blush and bronzer for the record. I didn't think much of it either, I mean if my makeup stays up solo, I wouldn't need a primer, right? Plus, I'm not exactly anal about staying perfect and poreless all the timeBut besides helping your makeup stay put longer, it also serves as a protective barrier between your skin and the makeup. This seals all the good stuff you layered on your skin before the makeup. Especially from the talc in pressed powders from absorbing the moisture out of your skin.

Now, after receiving and using this product, I realized that even the first point may not be true. I thought my makeup stays well, now it stays up better! I've oily skin, and exacerbated by the humid and hot weather of Singapore's, my dark eye circles will be once again revealed at the end of the day. To make this whole thing more serious, the time when I head home from work is near 12 midnight. Don't play play, countless of lives are at sake here.

Collection Cosmetics Primed and Ready Makeup Primer $16.90 / 18ml
The silky formula provides a light coverage for a flawless complexion and a noticeably natural finish. A soothing makeup base, it minimizes pore problems, smoothes uneven skin and hides unsightly blemishes for the perfect base. 
Wear alone or under foundation for a flawless complexion.



The product you see is thick, but also easy to blend. Its consistency is pretty similar to that of Vaseline's. It is clear and smells like rubber. I know, not very appealing, but the smell doesn't linger; it is only noticeable when I first spread it around my face.
This product does lives to its claim of drying to give a powdery finish. What is the silkiest fruit? Peach? Nectarine? Yeah, your skin will feel like that once it settles down, without feeling funny. At least I didn't feel suffocated by the silicone.





I have some really apparent deep set ice pick scars left by acne on my cheeks, they weren't driven to extinction but their visibility is certainly blurred out, together with pores and fine lines. The BB cream can be applied more smoothly and evenly for a even finish. I'm pretty impressed with its performance as a primer. Talk about some real life photoshopping.


While I don't use a primer on a daily basis, I do like this. Especially when there are certain occasions which require me to look presentable all day, I do appreciate when my face makeup stays. Make sure you remove traces of product on your face by the end of the day so that your pores don't get clogged!


Collection is one of the top UK beauty brands. This product retails at $16.90 and is now available locally in selected Watsons stores, BHG Bugis and Collection pop-up store (in Cineleisure, Level 2).


-




-




-




-




Psst, Thanks for all the love! My review has also been featured on Collection Thailand's Facebook page.



0 comments: